- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 cups butter lettuce
- 2 cups spring greens
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon, cooking until it’s crispy and the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel to drain any excess grease, remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease from the skillet.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the rosemary. In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the chicken and cook until golden and crisp on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the middle of the thickest portion reads 165 degrees. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let sit for a moment while you assemble the salad, then slice it.
- Toss the lettuce, greens, and arugula with the tomatoes. Top with the sliced chicken, the bacon and the avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salad and enjoy!