Slammers Organic Snacks Review
The pouched food market has really taken off in the last few years and as a mother, I’m incredibly thankful. It made it so easy to start my babies on solids when they could just suck it right out of a pouch! Slammers Organic Snacks has taken these pouched snacks to the next level with added protein and organic ingredients. I personally tasted each one to make sure they were good enough for my kids, LOL.
Five Slammin’ Flavors
- Chill’N: This Slammer Snack has bananas, blueberry, butternut squash, Greek yogurt, and Yumberry. Yes, a Yumberry. I guess it’s like a sweetly sour raspberry type fruit. It gives this snack a bit of tartness that balances out the sweetness of the banana and squash. You can’t really taste the squash, but more this sweet-tart banana flavor. It’s one of my favorites! It’s pureed without being creamy, despite the yogurt in it. I love that it contains 60% of your daily Vitamin C thanks to the Yumberry!
- Amped: Amped is their newest strawberry, apple, cherry, chia flavor. The chia provides 500mg of Omega-3 and 200mg of Omega-6. This one has a sweeter, milder flavor. I can taste the cherry and strawberry both within the apple base. the chia provides a bit of a grainy texture, but I’m well used to that as I use chia seeds in a lot of my smoothies. The overall texture is more “runny” but I love the balanced mild flavor. This is my youngest’s favorite flavor!
- Awesome: This one has bananas, strawberries, beets, acai berries and amaranth. Amaranth is a gluten-free grain and acai is a grape-like berry providing tons of Vitamin C. You get 90% of your daily Vitamin C requirement with 1 pouch of this flavor. The amaranth is pureed into the mix making this one have a creamier texture, more like Chill’N. It is less tart though.It has a nice sweet flavor.
- Watermelon Kiwi Burst Protein+: The first of the Slammers Protein + flavors is thick, sweet, and slightly tropical. It has organic apple, banana, and kiwi in it. It also contains grape, beet, strawberry, and watermelon juices. The extra boost of 7 grams of protein comes from whey protein isolate, so it does contain dairy. This also lends to the thickness and is much more like a smoothie than the other pouches. These ones I think taste a bit better chilled than at room temp, but I like the tropical flavor note the kiwi adds to this one.
- Pomegranate Grape Crush Protein +: Their second flavor with added protein contains organic apple, banana, purple carrot juice and pomegranate juice. It also has grape juice and coconut cream. This pouch also provides 7 grams of protein from whey protein isolate and thus contains dairy as well. The coconut provides an interesting top note of flavor without being too overwhelmingly “coconutty.” I think the grape balances it out well. These protein pouches are also quite filling!
All of these Slammers Organic Snacks pouches are BPA-free and designed with kids in mind. They are, sweet, and colorful. My kids love that they can ask for an “Awesome” snack pouch for their flavor. All can be consumed at room temperature but also taste great chilled. They are all made with certified organic ingredients, though the Protein pouches cannot be labeled as fully organic due to the dairy. All of the flavors are gluten-free and peanut-free. They are easy to toss in a backpack, diaper bag, or purse and take on the go. There’s no mess or fuss for a quick snack. Plus they taste great!
Don’t forget to check out our other categories such as our Recipes section for tasty meals!