- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium or unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup demerara brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or Tamari)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly torn
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- Place drumsticks in a large slow cooker. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chicken broth, brown sugar, cloves, soy sauce, and garlic, then pour over the drumsticks until coated. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water, then add two cups of the liquid from the slow cooker and cook on medium-high until desired consistency is reached, around 5 minutes or so. Serve over an heirloom medley of purple rice, with fresh cilantro and diced mango, and alongside sweet chili green beans.
You can add shredded coconut if you want when serving. As much as I love coconut I decided not to as the coconut milk provides a rich flavour and was just right for me.
- Serving Size: 2 drumsticks