Snack Time with Almond Milk Goodies #CoolerwithAlmondBreeze
Over the last few years I’ve been slowly making changes to how we eat, with the goal in mind to eat as healthy as we can and have our food still taste good. We’ve made great strides and many of our adjustments have for me been even tastier options. For example I’ve never been a big milk drinker so switching to almond milk a few years ago was an easy switch for me.
I love almond milk in my coffee, especially my mochas but it’s my main beverage besides water as I also use it in my cereals, hot chocolate, smoothies and now I’ve trying it in some baking items. One of my favorite snacks is having a smoothie and if I want a little extra something then I have my banana chocolate chip muffins with almond milk along with my smoothie. It’s oh so good, filling and tasty. In fact it’s my banana berry peach almond milk smoothie pictured above with the aforementioned muffins. I’m happy to share both recipes with you as you will love them as much as I do.
My husband and daughter both love the smoothies and the muffins. In fact the latest batch of muffins I made they were both trying to snag them before they were even on the rack to cool! 🙂Print
- 1 scoop protein powder vanilla (optional) – I always use protein powder for an energy boost
- 1 1/2 cups of Almond Breeze (can be unsweetened, sweetened or even vanilla)
- 1 banana frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries or blackberries or a mix of both
- 1/2 cup frozen, fresh or canned peaches
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional but oh so good for you)
- If you use more fresh than frozen fruit add some ice. If you don’t have some of the fruits but have the juice you can also use that but reduce the almond milk a bit. Depends on how thick you like it
- Place the protein powder and flaxseed in before the other ingredients, it will mix better this way. Then add all other ingredients (liquids last) and blend.
- Now enjoy!
For the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe you can get snag it HERE. Have the smoothie and muffins together or separately you can’t go wrong especially when it’s made with Almond Breeze Almond Milk!
Did you know that Almond Breeze is:
- A Source of Calcium (it’s one of my main sources)
- Lactose Free
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
It’s also available in both refrigerated and shelf stable options and it’s made by people who know almonds the Blue Diamond Growers cooperative they are the Almond People! Hmm maybe next time I’ll put some Blue Diamond Almonds in my muffins that would be tasty too! Yum. Hope you enjoy the recipes!