Powered by Mom has been doing some Spring Cleaning!
It’s that time of year again where many of us start to get our spring cleaning done. There’s something about the nicer weather that motivates us to purge and get things organized and orderly. However sometimes it can seem like a lot to do all at once. Don’t sweat it take one thing at a time and it will get done and we can even offer you some tips sand tricks to help you step into spring and get organized.
One of the many reasons I love the community where we live is that each year we have a spring cleaning date where we can put out certain types of items and our city will take it away. However, that’s not the best part, everyone puts it out a few days beforehand so that so that people can go through it and take what they want and repurpose it. In fact I find that a lot of it disappears before the city comes to take it way.
You know what they say one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. We literally have people with trucks going through the neighbourhood loading up and it’s great to see. So if you don’t have the advantage of such a spring clean up in your area there are still so many things you can do to help you with your spring cleaning!
Here’s what our street looks like during the spring cleaning week:
The makers of Arm & Hammer™ would like to help make the whole process easier on you with these tips for getting everything from your kitchen, to your laundry, to your patio sparkling clean, all while saving you money!
- Make a list – Start by listing out every room of your house, without forgetting places like the utility room, laundry room, garage and closets. Then, think about cleaning tasks for each room. It’s satisfying to cross things off your list as you complete them.
- Work from the top down, inside to outside, to make sure you don’t get what you just cleaned dirty again.
- For clothes, do your washing in cold water. Using a detergent specially formulated for use in cold water like ARM & HAMMER™ Coldwater Laundry Detergent, not only gets out dirt and odours in low temperatures, but saves you money on your energy bill at the same time, compared to using hot water. At busy times like this when you’re likely doing multiple loads, it can make a big difference.
- Clean one room, or even one area of one room, at a time to avoid unfinished jobs. The satisfaction of seeing one room sparkle will make the hard work feel like it’s worth the effort.
One of the most powerful and effective kitchen cleaners available today can already be found in most Canadian households. Did you know that baking soda has more than 101 uses around the home and is inexpensive and can be used safely around the whole family? Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Keep your fridge smelling fresh all season long with odour-eliminating products such as ARM & HAMMER™ Fridge Fresh™. For best results, replace every three months. Helpful hint: change with the change of the seasons – like right now for spring! Baking Soda helps eliminate strong odours in both the fridge and freezer to help foods taste fresher longer.
- Instead of harsh chemical cleaners, use baking soda as natural and food-safe surface cleanser on your kitchen counters. Sprinkle it onto a damp sponge or cloth to wipe surfaces clean.
- To restore the shine in your sterling and silver plate serving pieces, make a baking soda paste with 3 parts ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda to 1 part water. Rub onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge till tarnish disappears. Rinse thoroughly and dry for a sparkling clean shine.
- Before you pull out your patio furniture for the season, give it a thorough cleaning with baking soda. You can also keep your outdoor furniture fresh by sprinkling a little baking soda underneath cushions or inside the storage bag.
I do many of those tips already, having ARM & HAMMER™ Fridge Fresh™ is a must in my fridge, we always have one in their to keep it all smelling fresh!
What are some of your spring cleaning tips? Feel free to share we love your comments!
I’m a Church and Dwight Ambassador but as always all opinions are always 100% my own!