Bath Bomb Recipe – Star Wars BB8 Theme
Are you or someone you know a Star Wars fan? If so you can make this bath bomb recipe as a BB8 theme. If they’re not a Star Wars fan that’s okay too the colors (orange & white) used in this bath bomb recipe make it easy to use for any theme, spring, summer, baby shower, wedding and more!
If you love bath bombs stop buying them. Now you can make your own, it’s easy and you have them in whatever color you want as well as adding whatever essential oils you want to them. I love having a bath to relax and it’s just a nice to have a bath bomb scented in my favorite doTERRA essential oils. I’m picky about what essential oils I use on my skin so this is just another reason to use my own bath bomb recipe to make as many bath bombs as I want.
Essential Oils in the Bath Bomb Recipe
I am a Star Wars fan so that’s what made me think of doing an orange and white bath bomb and going BB8 style. As you can see though these colors can be used for any theme or just because you like them. Some of my favorite doTERRA essential oils to add to bath bombs are as follows:
- Wild Orange
Whatever essential oil you want to use just make sure it’s one that can be used topically and read the label to see if photosensitive (wait before going out in the sun). All the citrus essential oils are photosensitive.
Now onto this fun bath bomb recipe!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (canning section)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 drops of doTERRA essential oil of choice (make sure the one you select is okay to use topically)
- 2 drops orange gel coloring.
- Bath bomb mold
- In a bowl, add in corn starch, citric acid, and baking soda stir well. Add in coconut oil and stir with a fork to keep light and fluffy. Add in essential oil.
- Separate the white into two and dye one orange.
- Using the mold, pack both sides of mold then press together.
- Once you press together leave in mold for about a minute then remove and place on a tray to dry (harden) overnight.
Super easy right? You’ll wonder why you didn’t try out a bath bomb recipe before this. Imagine all the fun gifts you could make for friends with these bath bombs. This bath bomb recipe is great for in gift baskets for baby showers (for mom), weddings, birthdays, spa themes, the Star Wars fan of course and much more.
Need the supplies?
Click on the links below for where we get our for this bath bomb recipe:
Now go and give it a try and enjoy a luxurious bath with your favorite essential oil. I think I’m going to go and use a lavender bath bomb myself.
If you try it out, let us know how you like! Enjoy this bath bomb recipe. Make sure to check out our other DIY recipes with essential oils like the ones below.