Sugar Cookie Bars are a simple but decadent dessert topped with a rich chocolate ganache. A wonderful sweet treat for a crowd!
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkles (optional) – see notes
- Beat together sugars and butter until fluffy, then milk and egg.
- Beat in flour, baking powder, and salt, half at a time until mixed. Your batter will be thick!
- Line a square 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan with parchment and spray with nonstick, then spread batter into it. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and cool completely.
- Make ganache by adding chocolate chips to hot heavy cream (I heat in the microwave for 1 minute). Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until thick and smooth. Spread out over your cookie bars, and add sprinkles.
- Let ganache set, cut into squares, and serve.
Sprinkles are not required but they do add fun color and shapes. Select based on the occasion your baking for from baby showers to Easter and more. I also love toasted almonds and/or toasted coconut on top of these bars.
The total time does NOT include cooling time of the cookie bars and chocolate ganache which is about one hour between the two.
Keywords: chocolate ganache, chocolate, sugar cookies, sugar cookie bars, easy cookies, Valentine's sugar cookie bars, Valentine's cookies, holiday cookies, Easter Cookies, easy sugar cookie bars