Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans Recipe
This Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans Recipe is a great side dish for so many meals!
I make this Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans recipe quite often as it goes with chicken, beef, fish or a vegetarian meal. It’s packed full of flavour but it’s easy and quick to make. Now that’s the kind of recipe I like. I never thought to share the recipe before because it’s so easy to make but when I recently made HERE with coconut and ground cloves and served it with the green beans and everyone was asking for the recipe I figured it was time. I’ve only got photos of the green beans with the chicken recipe but it just helps you imagine how good it is as part of a meal.
Here you go here’s this easy peasy Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans Recipe serve with your favourite meals.Print
Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans Recipe Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: 6
- 1 tbsp canola oil (can use coconut oil instead)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- In a large skillet or wok, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fragrant. Add green beans and cook, stirring often until beans begin to brown.
- Add the chicken broth and soy sauce. Cover and let cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add sweet chili sauce, crushed red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Toss to coat and heat through. Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
You can add toasted sliced almonds for a crunchy and nutty flavour. It’s a nice twist to the green beans.
Of course, we might be biased but this Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans Recipe goes so well with our HERE with coconut and ground cloves served on top of Thai Purple Sticky Rice or Coconut Rice. Yum, now I’m hungry. We hope you like this recipe as much as we do. If you try it let us know!
This delicious Thai Sweet Chili Green Beans recipe was adapted from a Chef’s Kitchen HERE.