The Muppets Kermit Apple Treats with Peanut Butter & Fluff Dip Recipe
The Muppets are always popular and coming back to this fall so here’s a fun treat & recipe Kermit style!
I loved the Muppet Show as a kid and I have to say I still enjoy watching them. I think it’s great that they are still loved by kids and adults today. Kermit was always one of my favorites so I love snack ideas that kids think are fun also have some healthy ingredients in them too. For my daughter I can’t go wrong with apples and peanut butter, she loves both. I know most schools if not all you can’t have peanut butter but that’s okay this a perfect after school snack!
- 1 Green apple
- 1 Red apple
- 1 marshmallow
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup of fluff
- 1 edible marker - you can get them at Amazon if you don't have it: http://amzn.to/1NL5eub
- Take your green apple and slice it in half from stem to end.
- Slice a small slice off both sides of the green apple making one end more narrow.
- With a paring knife cut a moon shape in the center of the apple.
- Cut the same shape out of the red apple and firmly place it in where you removed the moon shape on the green apple.
- Cut your marshmallow in half. With your edible marker make the eyes. With the sticky side down place on top of your apple. The marshmallow will be sticky enough to stick to the apple.
- With the other half of your green apple cut triangle shapes for Kermit’s neck ruffle.
You can of course substitute the peanut butter for almond or cashew butter or any nut butter you want. You can also use other spreads if you so desire.
Not only is this a fun snack for kids to eat it’s a fun snack for them to help make too so get them involved in making the Kermit Apple Treats Recipe. It doesn’t have to be just for kids either, no reason adults can’t home some fun and have a healthy and fun snack too 😉
I can still picture Kermit and Miss Piggy sparring, Miss Piggy trying to get her Kermit to marry her and all the crazy shenanigans of the Muppets. It’s funny I didn’t realize as a kid that all of those “humans” they had guest star on the show were really well known people. I was just enjoying watching the Muppets and their friends. When I go back and watch some of the now with my daughter I’m like wow look who was on here I didn’t even remember that or knew who they were then, just that they got to be on the Muppet Show lol.
Do you have any fond memories of the Muppets? Who was your favorite Muppet? Feel free to share we want to know! In the mean time enjoy this tasty kid’s Kermit Apple Snack Recipe!