This recipe for a Chicken Pasta Bake is versatile, quick, easy and packed with delicious flavor. Add spinach, mushrooms or your favorite sauce for a family favorite!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups asiago cheese, grated
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 ½ cups fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the minced garlic, stirring until fragrant, around 30 seconds. Add the flour and whisk into a paste.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking continuously, until smooth and combined. Add the cream cheese and stir until smooth and thick, around 5 minutes. Stir in the asiago cheese and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a greased 13×9 pan, add the rotini pasta, chicken, spinach, and mushrooms. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then gently pour the sauce over the dish and stir. Drizzle the pesto over the top of the dish, then add the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and enjoy!
For freezer prep: prepare dish as above, but instead of baking, cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely before baking (especially for glass dishware), or bake from frozen at 350 degrees for 45 mins covered with foil and 30 minutes uncovered.
Keywords: chicken dinner, chicken recipe, Chicken pesto pasta ,Chicken pasta, Pasta bake recipe, Chicken pasta bake, Baked pasta dishes, Chicken spinach pasta, Chicken pasta dish, Chicken mushroom pasta