Powered by Mom’s Top 10 Lemon Essential Oil Uses
There are so many uses for lemon essential oil that it would take pages to write them all so I’m going to share my top 10. It’s no secret that I love essential oils and it’s become a lifestyle. I use doTERRA as I’ve learned over the years that it’s imperative to utilize a good quality essential oil. Quality over quantity is important when it comes to essential oils.
If you’re not already with a consultant and have any questions please feel free to contact me. If you’d like to join again feel free to contact me or GO HERE to join. See more information at the end of this article on how to join and the process.
You’ll notice with the better quality oils that less is better. I love doTERRA for so many reasons from their mission statement to their Helping Hands initiative. They are all about helping us, the consumers and people all over the world.
Now my top 10 lemon essential oil uses
- Add a few drops to water or better yet sparkling water. The latter is my favorite. I rarely drink pop but I drink a lot of sparkling water and like to add a bit of flavor to it. If you need a bit of sweetness add a bit of liquid honey with lemon essential oil it’s yummy.
- Body cleanser – add a few drops to distilled water to freshen your skin (test spot on your elbows). This one is not for the face.
- Use when steam mopping floors. I only use a steam mop so I add a few drops on the floor (not the machine) and use it to steam away. You can also use peppermint, any citrus and lavender.
- Smelly Garburator. Add 2 drops down your garburator with some warm water. No more smell
- Soak a cloth in lemon essential oil and use it to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces
- Diffuse of course to give the air a citrus scent that is energizing and let’s face it just smells good.
- Use on silver and other metals when they first start to tarnish
- Remove black grease from your hands from working on cars, bikes etc.. add lemon essential oil to your soap mixture and it gets that hard to wash off grease off of your hands.
- Baking or cooking add a few drops for more of a lemon zing. Think lemon meringue pie, oh so many baking recipes
- Stubborn or sticky residues, we’ve all had them in the kitchen, price tags on items etc.. Don’t ruin your counters with scrubbing add a few drops of lemon oil to a cloth and wipe it off.
There you have it my top 10 uses for lemon essential oils and that’s just scraping the service. If you’d like to get more tips and tricks to essential oil uses sign up for our newsletter HERE and just for signing up you can also get our FREE Simply Sweet Recipes e-book.
What essential oils do you like to use?