Powered by Mom is thrilled to welcome this guest post on the Top 8 Uses for Lavender!
Powered by Mom met the lovely Michele Partridge of Green Kick in 2013 at a local blogger conference and I’m so thrilled that she is guest posting for us. It’s always lovely to meet people in our area and I learned quite a bit from Michele. I now use lavender at home for cleaning purposes and more all because of Michele. Who doesn’t love the smell of lavender?! I had no idea it had so many practical uses! Read on to find out more about how you can use lavender in your home and of course learn more about Michele herself!
Lavender is one of the BEST essential oils to keep in the house. In fact you should have several bottles; one in the medicine cabinet, one in the laundry room and one in your room.
1. SOOTHES BURNS: For minor burns apply 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area, you can keep applying to keep pain at bay and promote healing.
2. ANTISEPTIC: Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cut to stop bleeding, clean the wound and kill bacteria. Amazing!
3. HELPS RASHES: Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin. Plus the redness goes away.
4. LAUNDRY HELPER: Add a few drops of Lavender Oil to your laundry detergent cup holder in lieu of toxic fabric softeners or dryer sheets. Your clothes will smell lovely.
5. STOPS THE ITCH: Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
6. HEADACHE RELIEF: Dilute Lavender oil and rub it into your temples and the back of your neck to relieve pain and tension. Plus you’ll smell nice.
7. BATH SALTS: Add a few drop of Lavender oil to your bathtub water or to a container of Epsom Salts and use when needed. Makes a great gift as well.
8. HOUSEHOLD CLEANER: Add a few drops to a spray bottle combined with vinegar and water and you’ve got a great household cleaner.
Powered by Mom uses doTERRA essential oils when she wants lavender or any other essential oils. To find out more feel free to contact us or check out our site Lavender
About our guest author:
Michele Partridge is a mom, wife, blogger (Greenkick.ca) & drama coach. After working for a green cleaning & organic products company, Michele became a green living expert, helping people live a healthier, more eco-friendly lifestyle. Her advice will save you money, time and your family’s health. You can see her money saving green living segments on Shaw TV’s Go! Vancouver show and Global TV’s BC1 24 hr. news channel. Next month Michele will be the event MC and part of the online Expert Panel for this year’s first ModernFamilyExpo Feb. 23 in N. Vancouver. Check out her blog, Greenkick as her tips educate on how to live WITH our planet and not just on it.
Follow Michele on her social media channels for more fabulous green living tips and tools!