Tunnel of Fudge Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Make this delicious chocolate ganache recipe for a moist tunnel of fudge cake and watch everyone come running! This recipe is easier than you think.
Doesn’t that all sound amazing? Chocolate lovers will adore this tunnel of fudge cake. When I first served this to the family it was very quiet at the table. That’s because they were too busy eating it and enjoying it. We’re all chocolate lovers here so it was definitely a hit.
Seriously, just look at how moist (I know, I know some people don’t like that word but really it’s the best descriptor here) this Tunnel of Fudge Cake is in the photo above! It really is that moist and decadent and just full of chocolate-y goodness we die-hard chocolate lovers adore.
Don’t forget to check out some of our other delicious recipes:
Even better to create this decadent chocolate dessert you don’t need a ton of dishes. You need just the following:
- Bundt pan
- Granulated sugar
- Salted butter
- Large eggs
- Powdered sugar
- All purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (use a quality cocoa powder)
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy whipped cream
You can also kick up a notch your presentation game by getting a fancier bundt pan like one of these:
You can get this one on Amazon HERE
or one that creates a design like this. You can get that pan HERE on Amazon.
I love using bundt pans instead of having to create layer cakes, it’s so much easier to make a bundt cake (at least for me it is) than doing layer cakes. As you can see you can make a bundt cake look amazing and all fancy too.
Alrighty let’s get to this delicious Tunnel of Fudge Cake Recipe shall we?
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups salted butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups walnuts (chopped or unchopped…we used whole)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, for ganache
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time. Fold in powdered sugar.
- Add in the flour half at a time and mix until well blended. Fold in the walnuts.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes. The toothpick test does NOT work with this cake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before inverting onto a plate and letting it sit for another 1 and ½ hours prior to topping with ganache and serving.
- To make chocolate ganache, melt chocolate chips and heavy cream over medium low heat in a saucepan.
- Cool ganache in the refrigerator to thicken slightly and then spoon over the top of the cake when ready to serve.
Baking times my vary depending on your oven so make sure to keep your eye on the cake and do a toothpick test if necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 759Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 10g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
Now doesn’t that sound amazing and easier to make than you thought? I hope it does. If you try this tunnel of fudge cake let us know how you liked it (or not) and any variations you tried that you loved. We hope you enjoy it!