Welcome to the Turbo Blu-Ray/DVD Giveaway!
Hosted by: Powered by Mom Blog and a fabulous group of bloggers
Fasten your seatbelts everyone you’re going on one fun filled ride because here is a fun movie the whole family will love as I know mine did! You will love the adorable garden snail who by the chance of a freak accident gets to go for his dream of winning the Indy 500! This snail is of course Turbo and you like me and my family will find yourself laughing and rooting for this adorable and courageous character. There are of course other endearing characters in the movie such as Turbo’s older yet careful brother Chet who tends to have some embarassing moments.
Turbo just wants out of the slow lane and into the fast lane which we all know has it’s advantages and disadvantages. We don’t want to spoil the movie for you as you are going to want to watch and and thankfully it was just released this week on November 12th on blu-ray. So even if you don’t win you can still get this awesome movie to watch at home! You will be rooting for this amazing underdog!
Fun Snail Facts – did you know?
- Salt is a snail’s biggest enemy! In the film, Chet falls down the stadium and just barely makes it through the center of a pretzel! He was so relieved he didn’t touch it, because salt can kill a snail, so they have to be careful!
- It would take a snail 2 hours to move from one side of a football field to the other. That’s 50 yards per hour. If you ran your fastest, it would only take about 20 seconds!
- Some snails can be as big as 12 inches. Can you imagine a snail the size of a ruler?
- Garden snails have thousands of teeth, located on their tongue!
- Snails do not have ears, but they sure can smell! That is how they find their fruits and veggies to eat.
- Snails can live to be up to 20 years old!
- Snails are nocturnal, that means they sleep during the day and get their work done at night and in the morning. No wonder Turbo could stay up all night watching Racecar videos!
- A garden snail can have as many as 430 baby snails in a year!
- Garden snails hibernate in their shells during the winter, and some hibernate during the summer too.
- When a snail moves, it leaves behind a trail of liquid slime. This mucus protects them from the hard surfaces underneath them. Snails are able to hang onto walls and move upside down thanks to this slime!
Here are some of our favorite lines from the movie!
- “My name… is Turbo. I just wanna go a little faster” –Turbo
- “You clearly got the skills to pay the bills… if snails had bills, that is”- Whiplash
- “I’m movin’ so fast, the whole worlds goin’ in slow motion, baby” -Smoove Move
Enter for your chance to win this fun movie which comes in a blu-ray/dvd pack!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to the Continental US & Canada 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. Entrants must only enter with either one email address, IP address and/or Facebook account, anyone found violating these rules will be disqualified. It is at the sole discretion of the admin of the giveaway if the winner has met the rules or not.