Powered by Mom Blog wants to share the tween party ideas that the girls loved!
You may remember the post that I did earlier where I shared some of my ideas of what I was going to do for my daughter’s 11th birthday party that was at the end of September. That list grew as I was given some wonderful ideas from you my readers (go here to see this post tween birthday party ideas)! We narrowed it down and here’s what we tried that the girls just loved!
We started first with the scavenger/treasure hunt as it was a neighborhood hunt so we didn’t want to run out of daylight. Near the end of this post is the list of clues and tasks that the girls were given. When they solved the clue of where to go they would find the list of tasks they needed to complete in order to be given the next clue!
When of the tasks involved putting on one of the wigs or hats and entertaining us, then the girls had some fun on the trampoline as pictured above.
They had a hoola hoop contest that was a bigger hit than I imagined they loved it lol. We managed to do everything in our backyard which helped avoid a lot of mess in the house.
Here’s a video of part of the contest you mostly just see our daughter in this one 🙂
The girls were all given a set of glow in the dark glasses to wear at night time for one of the other activities a marshmallow roast! I think this was the biggest hit of them all and it put our fire stove to good use!
Naturally a pinata full of candy was also a bit hit and provided a sugar rush lol. We got the pinata shaped as a juke box, looked exactly like this one below.
I also made the girls some fun cupcakes but if I was to do it again I would let them make them AND have them do the clean up for it too LOL. These are how they came out, they were yummy 🙂
As we were having 5 girls sleep over they ended the night with sleeping bags to watch a couple of movies. Overall a fun day and we’re happy the girls loved all the activities. We’ll post more pictures and some videos of the task they had to do. It was hilarious to watch them do some of these things and we have most of it on video! One of the tasks was doing a human pyramid 🙂
Here’s the scavenger clues/list of tasks lol – What have you done for your tweens birthday that they loved? Leave a comment we’d love to hear about it!
XXX is one year older, she’s a blast, funny, bolder and vibrant. Now at last it’s time celebrate but we’re going to make you work for it first, contain your excitement we don’t want you to burst!
You have to find something, do something and more don’t worry just yet don’t get the blues as you’ll be given a series of clues. For each clue you’re given it will lead you to your next task, you might have to find a bird or a bowling ball but complete them all and you will get a reward of something we can afford. Now we must bid you adieu as you only have 60 minutes for the hunt so here’s your first clue:
CLUE 1: Get a JUMP start on this Scavenger Hunt – Touch the ceiling, touch the sky, get on me and watch you fly.
FIRST SET OF TASKS
You’ll find your list of tasks here along with your next clue so now get moving would you dear?!
- On the trampoline do your imitation of someone/type of person If you do do rock/pop star or movie star everyone has to guess which one you are, no saying names but you can talk/walk/act like them (nothing rude people). Otherwise do something general ie: pirate, opera singer, ballerina – video
- Find 3 different flowers (only one from our yard) and each of you do funny or serious pose in front of each flower- picture
- Everyone shading their eyes and looking at the sky –picture only
CLUE # 2 This box is mostly filled with things that rarely bring you glee Like bills, and junk, and other stuff you’d rather never see
2nd set of tasks
- It’s time to entertain us! Group song and dance time – you must all sing a song that at least 3 of you can sing together – either all of you sing it together or if the rest of you don’t know the song they have to dance – video & pictures
- You have to put it on the tiara and say in an English accent HELLO, I’M THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND. BEST ACCENT GETS TO CHOOSE ONE OF THE FIRST PRIZES LATER ON
- Find a house on our street (go no more than 4 houses either way) that has at least 4 numbers the same in the address – take a picture in front of the house
Clue# 3 Some visitors pause here and strangers announce their reason. Things that decorate me can indicate the season. Now don’t be bore find all you have to do is go to the front xxxx (rhymes with bore)
3rd set of tasks
1. Everyone by a tree, posing like a tree – picture only
2. Everyone by a fire hydrant pretending to be a dog – take a picture
3. Everyone sitting on a different square on the sidewalk – picture only
I can take you great distances at varying speeds. To move even an inch, you are what I need.
4TH SET OF TASKS
- Find a black vehicle, white vehicle and a/gold silver vehicle, only one of these can be from our house – take a picture
- Find 3 different types of leaves (no pine needles they’re not leaves) and take a picture of each – can’t be in our yard.
Clue# 5 Sometimes it’s fun to just relax alone amidst the hot bubbles, But share this tub with friends and kin to soothe away their troubles.
5TH SET OF TASKS
- Make a human pyramid (be careful) – take a picture and video
- Each of you will be blindfolded and will have 10 seconds to put on lip gloss – picture and video
Don’t worry don’t fret it’s almost over and yet you have TWO more riddleS to decipher. Figure them out and do your last set of tasks and provide us all with some fun and pleaure, you can bet you will finally find your treasure!
CLUE # 6
Now where you need to go next here’s what you should think “live like the Swiss Family Robinson”. Now don’t get a flutter just stop, think and don’t start to stutter just look at what’s in the back yard belonging to xxx.
LAST SET OF TASKS!
- Pretend the tree house is on fire and freeze into your panic or I’m dying mode for a photo!
- Find a spider web take a picture pretend your hand is caught in the web!
- Put on one of the wigs or hats (birthday girl chooses first). Motley crew group photo
We’ve seen what you’re all made of, we’ve got your measure this group of girls who dance, sing and more. Now do you want the treasure? If so here’s where you’ll find what you seek hurry up because it’s time to eat!
Here it is the final clue
When it’s extremely cold you can’t leave me out. Everyone needs me for their garden to sprout.