Take a traditional apple cake recipe and pair it with your favourite cinnamon roll and you have this fresh take on a fall and winter classic.
- 2 (8 oz.) cans crescent roll dough
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 3 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a large round cake pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour half of the caramel sauce in the cake pan and lay apple slices on top. Unpackage the crescent roll dough and pinch the seams together to make a large rectangle of dough. Do the same with the second can of dough.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one rectangle of dough and place second rectangle on top.
- Brush melted butter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Slice into 1″ strips and lay in a spiral on top of the apples.
- Bake for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until dough in the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a cake plate.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce. In a small bowl mix together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top as well.
*total time does not include cooling down time of the cake.