Oh So Many Reasons To Visit this Vancouver Island Spa
The Grotto Spa – Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
The Grotto Spa located at the Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort is not only a popular Vancouver Island spa but it is also been named as the #1 spa in Canada. It’s the ultimate pampering destination with an amazing and unique dining experience.
The beach at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort where the Grotto Spa is located
Vancouver Island Spa is #1 Spa in Canada
My favourite spa just happens to be a favourite of many, in fact, it has been declared the number one spa in Canada and I wholeheartedly agree. This Vancouver Island spa is located in beautiful Parksville, BC at my favourite Vancouver Island resort Tigh-Na-Mara.Two of my besties joining me at the Grotto Spa for our May 2019 visit to Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
The Grotto Spa was named #1 Spa in Canada by Spas of America, the Grotto Spa is also Quality Assurance Approved by Leading Spas of Canada for maintaining the highest hygiene and customer service standards in the industry.
Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
The Grotto Spa is truly like no other spa that I’ve ever been to and I have been to many over the years. I’ve enjoyed the Grotto Spa more than once with my girlfriends, I’ve taken my husband to the Grotto Spa when we’ve stayed at Tigh-Na-Mara and I recommend it to everyone I know who is going to the area, that’s how much I love it.
What makes this Parksville, Vancouver Island Spa so Special?
Imagine 20,000 square feet dedicated to your serenity and bliss. You can enjoy a relaxing dip in their mineral pool (pictures above) and then go and enjoy a spa treatment of your choice of facials, body wraps, body glows, massages, manicures and pedicures, many with a focus on West Coast natural ingredients. After you’ve enjoyed that bliss and been pampered then it’s time to indulge in Endless Tapas Dining at the Treetop Tapas & Grill that is on the top floor of the spa.
What is the Endless Tapas Dining at Treetop Tapas & Grill all about?
I’m not going to lie, while I LOVE the mineral pool and enjoying treating myself to a spa treatment the Endless Tapas Dining at the Treetop Tapas and Grill is always my favourite experience. The food is beyond amazing, seriously beyond, it’s this foodie’s idea of true bliss.Everyone who is a guest at the Treetop Tapas and Grill wears a robe. Yes, a robe and while you may feel it’s strange at first, it’s a very thick and comfy robe (as you can see in the photo above) and you’ll come to be thankful you’re wearing it as your tummy because very full from the delectable food. Unique dishes yet each one is so delicious. Each time I’ve gone I loved each tapas and while I’m fairly adventurous when it comes to trying out new foods, my husband is not. However, even though tapas are what I’d call unique, they’re not weird, they’re just combinations I’ve never thought of but then again I’m not a master chef. Once you’ve tried each of the tapas, if you still have room you can re-order as many of your favourites as your tummy can fit. The most we’ve been able to do whether it was with my besties of my hubby are three extra tapas. they are deceptively filling but I never complain. This is when you love having the robe on as you loosen that robe belt as you get full.I usually make sure to leave room for one of extra “endless tapas” to be one of the desserts because there’s always one that my tastebuds just adored. This is a dining experience unlike any other in Canada! Be prepared to enjoy this unique dining experience for at least 2-3 hours, yes seriously.
A progression of menu items created by our chef allows you to savour a wide variety of tastes. With fresh local seafood, spa-inspired antioxidant cuisine and delectable desserts, this is an intimate dining experience you won’t forget!
I’ve enjoyed the Endless Tapas dining experience about four times now and each time it’s a delectable experience. I generally don’t drink alcohol during this experience (especially after I tried it the first time) as I don’t want to get full from libations. The food will fill you up oh so much.
Tips for before and after the Grotto Spa and Endless Tapas Experience
- Make reservations in advance for both the Endless Tapas and a Spa Treatment when you can. They can get booked up weeks in advance. When I took my husband for the Endless Tapas I booked it for us two months in advance. However, it always worth calling even on short notice as they could have an open spot and they will accept walk-ins if they have space available. You never know, it could be your lucky day!
- Leave your phones and cameras back in your room or cottage as no photos are allowed anywhere in the Grotto Spa or at the Treetop Tapas and Grill.
- I prefer to have my spa treatment before the Endless Tapas because I’m so full and almost ready for a nap afterwards.
PIN this article for later!
- Don’t eat or drink too much before your Endless Tapas experience.
- Plan a relaxing evening or time after the Endless Tapas. Enjoy some wine or time with your loved ones back at your spa bungalow, oceanfront suite or rustic cottage (these last ones are pet-friendly) because you will be so full you may wish you could roll down to your cabin – or maybe that was just me?
- Enjoy the food, don’t be afraid to try something new it’s all so amazing and you get west coast food like you’ve never experienced before. You won’t regret it.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy
Want to find out more?
Go to the Tigh-Na-Mara website and book your spa treatments and Endless Tapas now. This fabulous Vancouver Island spa and NUMBER ONE spa in Canada books up oh so quickly GO HERE.
Check out the testimonials from the two moms and two of my besties after our very first experience with the Grotto Spa. You’ll also get to see a forbidden photo, don’t worry it’s all clean but our server took a photo for us as we were the first to arrive at the Treetop Tapas. Shhhh don’t tell anyone. Check it out –> Our First Endless Tapas Experience and More on Tigh-Na-Mara Resort. My besties first mom’s getaway at Tigh-Na-Mara. I was there once before that trip so I knew my besties had to experience it too.