- 3 Chicken Breasts – cooked any way you want, grilled, baked, roasted etc.
- 1/2-whole large cabbage – can be red, green etc.. or mix them like I do
- Tip#1 if you’re short on time you can buy a bag of mixed cabbage already shredded – no chopping for you to do
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchstick size
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil or if you can’t find that regular basil or fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- Chili Flakes optional
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce (don’t worry the salad will not taste “fishy”) add a bit less if this is your first time trying
- 1 clove garlic
- Sriracha to taste
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (optional) some people like a bit of sweetness I don’t use the sugar but some of my guess like it with
- Whisk lime juice and fish sauce together. If adding sriracha do so now, then sugar (if adding) until sugar is dissolved. Add crushed garlic
- Shred Chicken and place it in a large salad bowl with all the cabbage, carrots, mint and Thai basil
- Toss salad.
- You can either add the dressing to the entire bowl or serve the salad and add dressing to each individual bowl. If adding to entire bowl add just before serving. Add half of the dressing and see if you like the strength the dressing. Add more as needed
- Top with crushed peanuts and add a bit more of the freshly chopped mint and Thai basil
- Add chili flakes if desired
Remember you can cut your time quite a bit if you’re good with buying a bag of cut cabbage like ones used for coleslaw.
Any cabbage will do but we like the look of different coloured cabbages
If it’s the first time you’ve had this dressing, try a bit first and see if you like it a bit sweeter (add sugar) or spicier (add sriracha)