Easy Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe
We’ve kept it simple so this Easy Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie only has 4 ingredients
When the warmer weather arrives I tend to crave certain things like Key Lime Pie. It’s refreshing and it delights the tastebuds but I want to keep the amount of time the oven is on to a minimum. After trying a few different recipes, I came up with this one that basically put together the recipes I liked into one but met my requirements. Hence this easy whipped no bake key lime pie recipe was born. One of my requirements was that it not have Cool Whip in it which many of the no bake ones did have. Sorry but I’m not a fan of Cool Whip, I avoid it as I just don’t like what’s in it. Our whipped no bake key lime only has FOUR ingredients and that includes the crust!
Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie – Frozen and oh so good
Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe – Two Ways to Serve It Both are Great
Not only is this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe so easy to make and so delicious it’s also perfect on a hot day. You can serve it two ways, either partially frozen giving it a softer texture but still firm enough or completely frozen. When it’s been in a freezer for several hours it’s a cool treat but it’s not so rock solid that you need to take a knife or chainsaw to it. You just top with your whip cream, grab your fork and you’re good to go.
The first photo is the 100% frozen version and of course we added whip cream and my personal favourite toasted coconut. Again you only need your fork, it’s not hard to eat even when it’s completely frozen. The second photo I took it out of the freezer about three hours later. It’s solid enough to cut through the pie but it’s still soft more like mousse soft but not the same texture. You’ll want to eat this version with a spoon. Keep in mind this is all the same pie I just took out a slice when it was partial frozen. It had nothing to do with the fact that I couldn’t wait to have a slice 😉
This is the fully frozen version
Frozen or Semi-Frozen?
Either version of this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie is delicious but I prefer the fully frozen version in the summer in particular. Think of it as similar to Ice Cream Cake although I have found some of those too hard when first taken out of the freezer, not this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie. It’s a nice cool down treat, not too tart and definitely not to sweet. You have to have the whipped cream on top but then again my family and I are partial to whipped cream.
Now who is ready to see how easy it is to make this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie? Let’s get to the recipe shall we?Print
The easiest key lime pie you will ever make that is also extremely delicious!
- Bought Graham Crust (or chocolate) or feel free to make your own crust
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded Key lime peel or lime peel
- Finely shredded Key lime peel or lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Optional for the crust – you can put egg white wash on the crust and bake for 5 mins or leave it as is. Entirely up to you. I baked it for the 5 mins this time but other times I don’t if it’s too hot in the house. Baked just gives it’s a crispier texture.
- In a medium bowl combine condensed milk 1 1/2 tsp of lime peel and the lime juice
- In another bowl with a mixer on medium speed beat 1 cup of the whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the lime mixture. Don’t stir but fold until it’s mixed.
- Add to pie crust and cover.
- Freeze until it’s at the firmness you want.
- Serve with whipped cream, more lime peel (if you want)
- Optional: serve with toasted coconut
I told you wasn’t that easy peasy for this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie? Even when it’s 100% frozen it’s still easy to eat and my tastebuds appreciate it.
Which way would you serve this Easy Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie? Partially frozen or completely frozen?
Don’t forget we have tons of other delicious recipes like this Coconut Mocha Frappuccino Recipe