Brownie Stuffed Magic Chocolate Ball
This Brownie Stuffed Magic Chocolate Ball with Caramel is a decadent dessert when hot caramel melts the chocolate to reveal a brownie and fresh raspberries too! Our salted caramel sauce is the perfect finish to this magical dessert that looks oh so fancy but is so easy to make! You can also pour hot fudge on top of this magic chocolate ball which is more common but I say why not have caramel and fudge because I’m greedy that way.
What do you put inside a Magic Chocolate Ball?
Only your imagination is the limit when it comes to what to have in this delicious magic chocolate ball. The most common of course are brownies and ice cream that you get to enjoy once they are revealed when the chocolate ball starts to melt. I went with a bite-size brownie and raspberries topped by a piece of Caramilk bar (can you say hello one way to use up some Halloween candy?!).I didn’t put in ice cream this time but you totally can and it’s super delicious too. I just have a thing for chocolate and raspberries and add my salted caramel sauce and even some fudge drizzled on the plate and it’s one decadent dessert. The Magic Chocolate Ball while easy to make always impresses anyone we serve it to. It just looks fancy and come on, it’s almost like opening a present while you watch the chocolate melt when you pour the warm sauce (in this case salted caramel) over top the ball and then you get the big reveal of the scrumptiousness inside. Now to start you will need a mould similar to the one above, at least I did and it’s the only way I know how to make the magic chocolate ball easily. You can get a similar one on Amazon and then you will be on your way to making your own magic chocolate balls and wowing everyone you make them for.The photo above shows the magic chocolate ball before it’s assembled and the tasty ingredients we put inside of our ball such as the brownie bite, raspberries and the pieces of a Caramilk bar. As you may have noticed we also put a piece of the Caramilk bar on top of the ball and then poured the warm salted caramel sauce on top.
The sweetness of the Caramilk bar piece with the semi-sweetness of the chocolate ball perfectly complemented each other and of course, the raspberries, brownies and salted caramel sauce made this dessert a delight for our tastebuds and our tummies.
How do you make a Melting Magic Chocolate Ball?
As mentioned earlier it’s easier than you think. You will need a mould similar to the one we’ve already mentioned. You’ll need the following:
- Chocolate chips (milk, dark, white or semi-sweet your choice we used semi-sweet here) – melted
- Raspberries (optional)
- 2 bite brownies (or homemade brownies cut small)
- Salted Caramel Sauce (our recipe is HERE) or hot fudge sauce or go wild and have both.
- 1 Caramilk bar (optional)
The melted chocolate goes into the silicone moulds and then you will place in the freezer and go between the freezer and adding more chocolate to the moulds to get the perfect thickness. To even out the edges of the dome halves you will use a warm frying pan.
When it comes time you will fill half of the dome with your favourite goodies that will fit and then the remaining half of the domes (which will be the top) you will even up the edges again on a warm pan then place immediately over the filled half of the dome and hold to set. Then watch the magic happen when you pour the warm salted caramel sauce over it (Full instructions in our recipe card).
Make sure to PIN this scrumptious recipe for later!
Now let’s get to this recipe shall we?Print
This Brownie Stuffed Magic Chocolate Ball with Caramel is a decadent dessert when hot caramel melts the chocolate to reveal a brownie and fresh raspberries too! Our mould is the perfect finish to this magical dessert that looks oh so fancy but is so easy to make! You can also pour hot fudge on top of this magic chocolate ball which is more common but I say why not have caramel and fudge because yum and decadent goodness!
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (milk, dark, white or semi-sweet your choice we used semi-sweet here) – melted
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 bite brownies (or homemade brownies cut small)
- 1 cup of caramel sauce
- 1 Caramilk bar
- Melt chocolate chips
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the melted chocolate into the silicone moulds. Using a spatula or small spoon spread the chocolate up the sides. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes and the remove from freezer and add another tablespoon of chocolate to the molds and fill in any spots that look thin or you missed. Make sure that you don’t pour the chocolate too thick into the moulds.
- Place moulds back in freezer for 10-15 minutes
- Remove chocolate from freezer and gently pop out of moulds. Warm up a frying pan and even out the rims of half of the chocolate domes so that they are even. Don’t hold the domes on the pan for too long.
- Place a dollop of chocolate on a plate and stick one of the evened out domes on it.
- Place a brownie inside the dome. Place a couple of raspberries on top of the brownie.
- Take the remaining domes and even out the edges on the warm pan. Place them immediately onto the dome that contains the brownie. Hold gently for 10-15 seconds.
- Take 1 piece of the Caramilk bar and gently warm up an edge on the warm place. Stick it onto the top of the dome.
- Warm caramel sauce and pour over domes
- Eat immediately
As already mentioned you can use hot fudge sauce and the dome can contain whatever goodies you want but we love this combo
Now doesn’t that sound easy and yet you have an elegant looking dessert that has a bit of fanfare to it and the best part? It’s delicious but I’m totally biased when it comes to this Melting Magic Chocolate Ball!
Are you drooling yet? I sure am and now I’m thinking hmm what do I have right now that I could put in the dome if I want to make some more lol These totally satisfy my sweet craving without being overly sweet (it’s sweet if you use milk chocolate) and at the same time it’s a decadent dessert that is visually pleasing too.
Kids (and adults) seem to love the “big reveal” once the chocolate ball starts to melt away but my second favourite part, maybe my first it’s a close call is eating the magic chocolate ball and all its yummy goodness. If you try this recipe make sure to let us know how you liked it or maybe even what you changed. We’d love to hear from you. Make sure to stop by and check out our other yummy recipes too!
Here are a few you will love:
- Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- Lemon Icebox Cake – No-Bake
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Cream Cheese Icing Drizzle
- Easy Snickerdoodle Cupcake With Homemade Caramel Sauce