Powered by Mom’s Delicious and Easy Crepes Recipe
Add your favourite toppings on these delicious and easy crepes for any special occasion or just because.
As you can see by our choice of toppings on our crepes below with the blueberries and strawberries, these crepes would be perfect for 4th of July. Of course if we had just topped them with strawberries and raspberries they could be great for Canada Day. No matter what you’re celebrating or maybe you just want some crepes just because, crepes make for a delicious treat anytime.
Delicious and Easy Crepes Anytime
I’ve always loved crepes but I have to confess this is the first time we’ve made them. Now I’m wondering why we didn’t we make them before?! Another confession, the only reason we made most of them, actually my daughter made them was she had to do it as part of her Foods class at school. I am so happy these crepes were my daughter’s food assignment. Now we know how easy it is to make crepes and while I’m sure a crepe pan and crepe spreader and flat turner would all make it even easier you can do it without them as we did. I do love savoury ones but sweet ones are my favourite and it seems my husband and daughter feel the same way.We topped off our crepes with strawberries, blueberries some powdered sugar and a bit of maple syrup. Oh my gosh they were so good we had them for dessert. Now how perfect would this particular combination be for serving on 4th of July?!Are these photos making you hungry for some of this deliciousness? Let’s get to that recipe shall we?!Print
Follow this recipe for delicious Easy Crepes! A perfect breakfast, brunch, or dessert option you can fill with berries and cream or a savory filling.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, room temperature (still liquid)
- Place all ingredients in your blender or food processor (we used a blender and it works great) and process for about 15-30 seconds or until smooth. (The batter should have the consistency of light cream.).
- Cover and let it sit at room temperature about 15-30 minutes. Or place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour, or up to two days. After chilling the batter, if it’s become too thick, thin it out with a little milk or water.
- Heat a 9-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat until a few drops of water dropped on the pan slightly sizzle. Adjust the temperature as needed.
- Lightly butter the pan, just enough to coat it.
- Lift the pan from the heat and, pour about 3-4 tablespoons of the batter into the center of the hot pan. We used a small batter scoop.
- Tilt and swirl the pan so the batter forms an even layer (don’t worry about making it a perfect circle).
- Cook until the edges of the Crêpes start to curl and the top looks almost dry (about 1-2 minutes).
- (The bottom of the Crêpe will have get a golden brown lacy pattern.) Flip the Crêpe and continue to cook for about 15-30 seconds or until you have golden brown spots over the surface.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate. Continue to cook and stack the Crêpes
We ended up refrigerating our batter overnight as we ran out of time when we first started. The crepes still came out beautifully.
Add your favourite fruits or jams. We thought about adding whipped cream but the crepes were so good with the berries, powdered sugar and maple syrup that whipped cream was not needed.
If you want to make savoury crepes, skip the vanilla and add less sugar or skip the sugar.
You can also freeze the crepes.Stack and wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of days or freeze up until 1 month.
- Serving Size: 9 inch
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 8g
This is how they looked before we rolled them up. You can see the golden brown lacy pattern we mentioned above. Once you do the first one or two crepes you get the hang of it and then it qoes quickly and easily to make the rest. Add your favourite topppings and you’re good to go. Enjoy your crepes! Let us know if you make them we’d love to hear from you!
Make sure to PIN this recipe for later!
Did you remember to PIN the recipe?